Mortgage Assistance Options
Mortgage Solutions Financial works with its borrowers who are in need of mortgage assistance to try to find options that are right for you. Options that may be available to borrowers who are unable to afford their mortgage payments and who wish to avoid foreclosure, include:
- Repayment Plan
- Forbearance Plan
- Pre-foreclosure Sale
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure
Impacted by COVID-19? For the latest updates on our COVID-19 Policies, including forbearances, post-forbearance relief options, foreclosure statuses, and more, please visit our COVID-19 Information Hub here. If you’ve been impacted by COVID-19, additional streamline options for assistance may be available which do not require a complete Mortgage Assistance Application Package.
Borrowers should be prepared to collect the following financial documents and present them when discussing options for avoiding foreclosure:
- Completed, signed and dated Mortgage Assistance Application.
- Proof of income as listed in section 4 of the Mortgage Assistance Application.
- Copies of bills or receipts of additional living expenses listed in section 6b of the Mortgage Assistance Application.
- Signed and dated 4506-T EZ and most recent, signed, dated and completed tax returns. *If required by investor.
- Copy of previous year’s W-2 form.
Please note that this list of documents is not all-inclusive. We may request additional documentation from you upon reviewing your Mortgage Assistance Application.
Applying for Mortgage Assistance
- In order to get started download our Mortgage Assistance Application Package. If you do not have access to a printer and would like a Mortgage Assistance Application Package delivered to you, please contact our Loss Mitigation Department at (866) 204-1023.
- Please follow each step carefully and read the Uniform Borrower Assistance form in its entirety. To avoid delays in review and processing, please provide accurate information and all requested supporting documentation.
- Return the Mortgage Assistance Application Package and all supporting documentation via mail, fax, or email
- Upon receipt of your submission, our Loss Mitigation team will review your Application carefully and work to help find a solution that you qualify for. We will contact you if there is any further information required.
To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application online:
Borrowers requesting evaluation for a loss mitigation option may submit the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package and supporting documents online using the borrower portal. You must register with a username and password to make an online account at https://msf.servicingdivision.com. Once you’re logged in, you can upload documents directly to your account for our review.
To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via email:
- Title the subject line with the first and last name of the borrower(s).
- Provide the loan number and current contact information in the body of the email.
- Attach the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package.
- Send the email to [email protected]
Note: In order to protect your sensitive information, we encourage you to send your information to us via encrypted email, or in the alternative, to fax or mail the information to us.
To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via fax:
- Indicate the first and last name, contact information, and number of pages on the cover sheet.
- Attach the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package.
- Address the fax to Loss Mitigation Dept.
- Send to (888) 292-5541
Important: Review the fax confirmation to verify all pages were successfully sent.
To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via mail:
- Send the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package to:
Mortgage Solutions Financial
Attention: Loss Mitigation Dept.
500 S. Broad Street, Suite 100A
Meriden, CT 064503
Loss Mitigation Document Review
- A highly-trained Loss Mitigation Specialist will review all documentation provided by our customer or authorized third-party. The Loss Mitigation Specialist will review all documents submitted and validate all documents have been returned. The Loss Mitigation Specialist will notify you if any documents are missing.
- Once they have determined all required documents have been received, they will order the necessary property valuations and escrow analysis. This step typically takes 10-15 days to finalize.
- Once all orders have been returned, a specialized mortgage underwriter will review all relevant income and expense documentation to determine the best workout option our borrowers qualify for; either to assist in bringing their loan current while obtaining an affordable payment or liquidating the property through a short sale or with a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
- Once the best available workout options have been approved, your Loss Mitigation Specialist will contact you by phone and by mail with all necessary details.
Check the Status of your Submission
- Attention Housing Counselors! To check the status of a borrower's loan modification, or to otherwise communicate with Mortgage Solutions Financial regarding the status of a borrower's account, please email us at [email protected].
You may check the status of your submission online if you are a registered user of
Mortgage Solutions Financial
Borrower Portal at https://msf.servicingdivision.com.
- You may create an account by clicking on the Register link above and following the instructions.
- Once registered, click the Loan Details icon, in the dropdown. You will see an action titled Loss Mitigation – select this option. This option will be available to you once all required documentation has been received.
- If you do not wish to register, need help, have additional questions or concerns, please contact our Loss Mitigation Department at (866) 204-1023.
- You may contact our Loss Mitigation Department toll-free at (866) 204-1023 to discuss your options.
- At Mortgage Solutions Financial, the Customer Ally Department is synonymous with the Loss Mitigation Department. Once you submit an application for loss mitigation, you will be assigned a Customer Ally, or single point of contact, to assist you through the loss mitigation process. You will receive a Customer Ally assignment letter from us that lets you know the name and direct contact information for your Ally. For the time your loan is in loss mitigation status, every time you call us, or we call you, you’ll get the same real, live person to talk to who knows you and understands your unique situation.
HUD Counseling Notice
If your loan is delinquent,
you may be entitled to receive homeownership counseling from an agency approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
A list of the HUD-approved, non-profit homeownership counseling agencies may be downloaded from the internet at www.hud.gov, by calling the HUD toll-free number at
or by calling HOPE NOW toll-free at
(888) 995-4673. For Text Telephone (TTY) service,
contact the Federal Information Relay Service at
- Get Help Today! Experts from HUD-approved housing counseling agencies work in your best interest at no cost to you:
- For more information about available programs and guidance on your options, call (888) 995-HOPE (4673). Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for help in more than 170 languages
- For foreclosure prevention counseling, contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency in a city near you by visiting www.hud.gov/findacounselor.
- For help completing and submitting your application for mortgage assistance, contact one of the agencies participating in the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC) program.
- Remember, you should avoid anyone who seeks a fee in exchange for obtaining housing counseling or assistance. Help with home retention options, including housing counseling, is FREE.
Notice of Homeowner Assistance Fund Availability for Customers Impacted by COVID-19
The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) is a federal program authorized by The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. The purpose of the HAF is to help homeowners experiencing a financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 catch up on mortgage and utility bills and pay other housing costs. Funds from the HAF may be used for assistance with past-due mortgage payments, homeowner’s insurance, utility payments, and other specified purposes. Each state is responsible for requesting and disbursing funds under their own HAF programs. As state programs become available, they will be listed on the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) website at www.ncsha.org/homeowner-assistance-fund/.
As your mortgage servicer, we are happy to coordinate with the State Housing Finance Agencies and state HAF programs on getting our customers back on track.
- For more information on your state HAF program, please visit the NCSHA website above.
- The website provides a Homeowner Assistance Fund by State interactive map that allows you to view the HAF information for your state.
- Click on a state to get the latest information, including program status, eligibility requirements, and how to apply for financial assistance.
More information can be found on our COVID-19 Information Hub here.
Aviso de Disponibilidad del Fondo de Asistencia al Propietario
El Fondo de Asistencia para Propietarios (HAF, por sus siglas en inglés) es un programa federal autorizado por la Ley del Plan de Rescate Estadounidense de 2021. El propósito del HAF es ayudar a los propietarios que experimentan dificultades financieras como resultado de COVID-19 a ponerse al día con las facturas hipotecarias y de servicios públicos y pagar otros costos de vivienda. Los fondos del HAF pueden ser utilizados para asistencia con los pagos de hipoteca vencidos, de seguro del propietario, de servicios públicos u otros propósitos especificados. Cada estado es responsable de solicitar y desembolsar fondos bajo sus propios programas de HAF. A medida de que los programas estatales estén disponibles, serán incluidos en el sitio web del Consejo Nacional de Agencias de Vivienda Estatales (NCSHA) en www.ncsha.org/homeowner-assistance-fund/.
Como administrador de su hipoteca, nos complace coordinar con las Agencias de Financiamiento de vivienda Estatales y los programas estatales de HAF para que nuestros clientes se pongan al día.
- Para obtener más información sobre el programa HAF de su estado, visite el sitio web de NCSHA arriba.
- El sitio web proporciona un mapa interactivo del Fondo de Asistencia para Propietarios por Estado que le permite ver la información de HAF para su estado.
- Haga clic en un estado para obtener la información más reciente, incluyendo el estatus del programa, los requisitos de elegibilidad y cómo solicitar asistencia financiera.
Customers with Limited English Proficiency
Mortgage Solutions Financial offers our Spanish speaking customers dedicated Spanish speaking Customer Care team members, including Spanish speaking Customer Allies (single points of contact). Customers fluent in languages other than Spanish will be assisted through translation services. For those who have a preference outside of English or Spanish, we happily offer verbal translations in more than 200 languages and regional dialects.
- When you call our toll-free Customer Care Center, our interactive voice response (IVR) will present you with an option to enter a Spanish IVR by pressing 8 during the greeting message. If you choose an option to speak with a customer facing team member, you’ll be routed directly to someone who speaks Spanish.
- If you’ve designated a Spanish language preference, you’ll automatically be assigned a Spanish speaking Customer Ally.
- If you prefer a language other than English or Spanish, just let us know and we’ll update your account and assist you through our trusted translation partners.